Monday, August 3, 2015

1986 Takamine EF-341 Acoustic/Electric Guitar

Vintage Japanese build from the pioneers of acoustic/electric preamps


Without a doubt, my favorite brand of acoustic guitar is Takamine. The first guitar that I ever bought brand new was a 1994 G334, which has seen plenty of playing time and is still in the rotation today. Since then, I've seen at least a half dozen other Takamine acoustics pass through my hands and this one is among the best.

I picked this up from Clay at Beach City Pawn and Guitar, he gave me a sweet deal on the price and did a great job setting up the guitar. The action is nice and low and it sounds beautiful as a naked acoustic guitar. I'm not really a fan of acoustic guitars that are plugged in, something just gets lost in the sound for me.

But, I bought this one because it was a great price for a vintage Japanese Takamine and I didn't have an acoustic/electric in my collection, so this will be what I take with me if I ever hit an open mic or something. One thing that strikes me is how thin the neck is. It plays fast to begin with, but when I have it hung up on the wall next to the G334, you can actually see that its smaller from a short distance. This model is still in production as the EF341SC and its a popular one that goes for a pretty penny...

Thanks for looking, more high-resolution photos here.

1 comment: