Thursday, August 8, 2013

1995 Takamine G335 12-String Acoustic Guitar

Sweet little 12-string, made in Taiwan, not to be confused with the current G Series


This is actually the guitar that started all of this madness, when I picked this up a little over a year ago. I bought a Takamine G334 6-string brand new back in late-1994 and when I saw this available at a great price, I couldn't pass it up. Even with some dirty old strings, it sounded and played nice enough.

Fitted with D'Addario Acoustic XL strings, it sounds really bright and plays a little easier than the Fender solid top that was featured here a couple of months ago. Like the Fender, this is also a quality guitar. This one has nice tuning keys that bear the Takamine name, but were made by Ping.

The finish is a little hazy, which is something that I've never seen before. Looks like someone may have tried to clean it and messed it up. Other than that and a couple of small nicks, it's in perfect working order.

12-strings are always popular models and this is one of the better ones that I've played. The only one that was better was a high-end Guild and that's really no contest... Still, I've never had a Takamine, or even a Jasmine for that matter, that wasn't a good player. Great guitars for all levels. 

Thanks for looking, more high-resolution photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment