Tuesday, March 12, 2013

1970s Carlos Model No. 240 Acoustic Guitar

Another under-the-radar classic, possibly handmade in Korea, in excellent condition

 

This is the 5th Carlos acoustic guitar that I've come across in the last couple of months and it's the oldest of the bunch.
This model was produced between 1976-1978, but with a serial number nowhere in sight, there is no way to tell exactly which year.

It's a great player, though not in the same league as some of the other high-end model Carlos guitars that were made in the early 1980s.

Top: Spruce
Back/Sides: Mahogany (Deep Cherry Finish)
Fretboard: Spruce
Solid Wood Construction

Thank you for looking. More high-resolution pictures here

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. I happened to be given one and I love it. Great sound and comfortable to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a #240 and I would never get rid of it!! I've played Guilds, Martin's (ugh), Gibson's ,Ibanezes...none sound as good as this. Weird...?!?

    ReplyDelete