Wednesday, July 17, 2013

1970s Hohner Telecaster Electric Guitar

Vintage Japanese import, real nice short scale copycat model


One of the few electric guitars to have made it's way into the showcase, this little Tele copy looks and plays great and sounds even better. I'm not sure exactly when it was made, but the gentleman that I acquired it from said it was 1978.

The body is real small and slim, loaded with a single P-90 style pickup. Whatever that pickup is, it gets the job done, especially on the clean channel. The sunburst finish still looks great, although there are a few nicks here on there, mostly around the edges.

Aside from the performance on the clean channel, the other that really stands out about this guitar is the neck. It feels great abd looks real nice with binding down the sides and what looks like a regular-size 22-fret neck (didn't measured it).

I had never played a Hohner electric before, so when I had the chance at this deal, I took it. It's a nice little guitar that could easily be used for recording and gigging, but the small size makes it a great beginner too.

Thanks for looking, more high-resolution pictures here.



7 comments:

  1. tengo una de esas . cual es el precio de la guitarra ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my very first guitar at age 13, 1978. Man, i had not seen it in 25 years since I pawned it in Houston. Identical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have one just like it, email me at youngpicassoatx@gmail.com with an offer, i will ship or meet if in austin texas, can send pics for confirmation

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have one just like it, email me at youngpicassoatx@gmail.com with an offer, i will ship or meet if in austin texas, can also send live pics for your comfort

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have one just like it, email me at elijaygonzalez@yahoo.com with an off, i will ship or meet if in austin texas

    ReplyDelete