Sunday, April 21, 2013

1982 Carlos Model No. 207 Acoustic Guitar

Vintage folk-style acoustic guitar, another beautiful guitar that was sitting in a closet for about a decade


The younger cousin of the Carlos folk guitar that was featured here a little while back, this one looks and sounds a little better, with the cream colored binding and natural wood grains on the back really making it pop.

On top of the fact that it looks great, this one also plays about as nice as any acoustic guitar ever will. I set it up with a set of D'Addario Acoustic Light strings and they really sing resonating off of the stock brass nut and saddle.

The body is not only thinner than a regular dreadnought, but the width and height are also smaller scale, making this one the same size as a standard classical. These Carlos guitars have a cult following of sorts in the collector's market and I guess you can count me among the faithful.

Thanks for looking, more high-resolution photos here.

7 comments:

  1. found a 207, no strings, missing tuning keys, nut. Brass saddle intact. In great condition. Joe Proc, luthier pulled this gem together. I am one pretty happy camper.. along with my violin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are beauties, aren't they?
    Do you know what year yours is?
    From what I've noticed from 1981-1985, the date of production is stamped on one of the support beams inside the guitar.
    The older models sometimes had a serial number sticker by the Carlos label.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a carlos model 207 for sale its in new condition mint excellent perfect new condition its an older one with the sticker on the back with serial numbers WOW awsome looking peice please contact me this can be shipped any where in the US if you pay for shipping. im at aol brucet35 please email me i can send picks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Carlos Guitar Acoustic model 207 for sale! Great guitar. Not to many out there! with case.
    Text me if you want it.
    Cpunger@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  5. C. Patricia UngerJune 7, 2021 at 8:46 PM
    I have a Carlos Guitar Acoustic model 207 for sale! Great guitar. Not to many out there! with case.
    Text me if you want it.
    Cpunger@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  6. C. Patricia UngerJune 7, 2021 at 8:46 PM
    I have a Carlos Guitar Acoustic model 207 for sale! Great guitar. Not to many out there! with case.
    Text me if you want it.
    Cpunger@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  7. C. Patricia UngerJune 7, 2021 at 8:46 PM
    I have a Carlos Guitar Acoustic model 207 for sale! Great guitar. Not to many out there! with case.
    Text me if you want it.
    Cpunger@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete