Saturday, April 6, 2013

1960s-70s Crown Professional Flamenco? Classical Guitar

Beautiful vintage classical guitar, a little beat up, but still plays great and a perfect beginner guitar


The small size and Japanese craftmanship make this a great first guitar. But this is another one that is real tough to find any information on. From what I've been able to dig up, these were made in Japan for distribution to department stores and local music stores here in the US in the late 60s and early 70s.

This one is beat up a little, with scratches throughout and a tiny little ding on the top side of the guitar. It sounds beautiful though and plays great. The size (slightly bigger than a student model) and light color of the wood on the back make me think it's a true flamenco style guitar, but I haven't been able to find any information to confirm, with no model number listed anywhere inside to trace.

This is a quality instrument, so if I stumble upon any other Crown Professional guitars that are playable, I'll pick it up if the price is right and I suggest you do too.

Thanks for looking, more high-resolution pictures here.

2 comments:

  1. I got one on my birthday. it was my uncle's befor he past. if you wanna see what the case and strap looks like, look up Valexmusicanfilm on YouTube. i'll be uploading a video soon on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a vintage Crown Professional acoustic guitar from an antique dealer years ago. It is small, red and lightweight. It is quickly distinguishable as an old guitar, as it has the metal tailpiece and other features - it is very unique! I am considering selling it.

    ReplyDelete